HOW BIG IS BIG DATA? THESE 5 FACTS WILL SHOW YOU
We are producing more data than ever before. In the past 2 years alone more data has been created than in the entire history of the human race. Here are 5 more facts that will show you just how big big data is:
1. In 2020 the world will count 20.4 billion smart connect devices all developed to collect, analyze and share data.
2. By 2020, about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be created every second for every human being on the planet.
3. Last year almost 80% of photos were be taken on a smart phone
4. Today 6 million developers worldwide are working on big data and data analytics
5. By 2020 total data will reach 44 zettabytes, or 44 trillion gigabytes. As a comparison: 1 GB = 4,000 photo uploads
It is clear that data and our ability to analyze it is growing and businesses will need to take note and use some form of data analytics to stay competitive. The value on the job market of people with the skills to analyze data will only continue to increase.
SQL Training Wheels teaches SQL, the language used to communicate with databases and a top in-demand data analytics skill. Join us for a free class and get introduced to SQL.