My name is Veena and I'm an IT recruiter at Princeton Information.
This is a long term contract located in Downtown, New York, NY.
No 3rd Parties!
Tech Business Analyst-
A business analyst with system implementation experiences in the areas of product control and/or accounting to complete business analysis activities (requirements,design and testing) in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and should be strong with Microsoft PowerPoint/ Excel/ Visio/ Blueworks.
Business description (Finance Project Group overview):
The Finance Project Group delivers automation and process re-engineering projects. These projects facilitate consistent global reporting, mitigate and manage risks, improve financial controls, automate regulatory and management reporting, and perform transactional processing and general ledger posting. In addition, these projects impact significant firm business and major architecture initiatives.
A tech business analyst with experience in product control and balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess Design/architecture, business analyst, system implementation, and/or process re-engineering experiences. The analyst will be participating in business analysis. Design, testing, and implementation activities in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables. Activities will include process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification, coordination and execution.
Key Responsibilities/ Day to Day Activities:
• Work with Controllers to identify requirements and detailed designs and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
• Analyze current business and understand system processes and architecture for potential areas of improvement.
• Perform data analysis on securities and transactions to identify the root cause and the resolution of the issues.
• Coordinate with business and technology partners to get feedback and sign off's.
• Participate in functional requirements process with technology partners.
• Write and execute test scenarios and drive SIT/ UAT planning and implementation.
• Provide analysis and interpretation of SIT / UAT results.
• Reconcile trades and positions from different sources.
• Plan and develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines.
Experience (years, type, nature of work, specialized knowledge and technical skills):
• 4-7 years experience in system design/architecture, business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation • Some knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives Instruments; and some knowledge in accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, accretion.
• Financial control and/or product control experience is a plus.
• Be able to manage own work, project milestones and risks.
• Understand general ledger and accounting principles.
• Experience in software development life cycle.
• Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications.
• Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills.
Qualifications (educational background, licenses, professional knowledge) & Skills (soft skills):
• Good communications including the ability to present ideas to stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills • Understand the trade offs and the limitations of technology.
• Agent of change.
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Access skills • Work effectively with remote teams.
• Self starter able to execute with limited direct supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
If interested, please email me your updated resume on email@example.com
If you are interested or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me at (732) 343-6396. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond as soon as possible.
Referrals are greatly appreciated! Princeton pays a referral fee for anyone we place within six months of the referral who is not currently in our database.
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Princeton Information. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at a later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.
379 Thornall Street,
Edison, NJ 08837