DBA Developer Hasbrouck Heights, NJ.
Current Developer/DBA but is retiring end of June, so wanting to find someone to transition
He is the sole core DBA Developer there
They also have a programmer
They manage about 25 client databases plus in house large database
They are looking for 5-10 yrs experience with DB development, maybe even someone ready to move into a sr. role
Culture- very family oriented, everyone there been there for many years, Jim 25 yrs. Current DBA over 24 yrs
Program developer 17 yrs, head of production 27 yrs, Sys Admin 12 yrs. They build great relationships with people, small company and work very well together, a bit more relaxed- get things done but not putting
Hybrid DBA Developer- good mix of both development and DB production
Current guy came from VB originally
Managing stored procedures, functions, etc.
Performance query plans and improvements
SQL- anywhere from 2005 to 2014, most of it is in 2014.
Day to day- dealing with client data- they update different points of the month, so managing that process, ensuring procedures are followed, onboarding new clients, ensure code is being executed correctly, make sure they are meeting SLAs.
100% on site initially, possibly flexibility down the road to doing remote twice a week
Direct hire - want someone that sees long term
T-SQL - scripting and coding
That is the core of the position
Some migration projects moving to T-SQL so some of that legacy stuff is just a big plus
Benefits- standard; 401k (no match currently), medical/dental, LTD/STD disability
PTO- based on seniority - earn more the longer you are there
Somewhere around 1.25 days a month start and then progress up
Summer hours- short Fridays, off on your birthday
• Responsible for managing several large datasets daily including all tasks involving update processing, routing maintenance and performance optimization.
• Performing backup procedures including routine DB backups and DR recovery routines.
• Advising on next-level processing on in-house or in-cloud storage needs.
• Communication with the sales team on findings.
• Special Projects as assigned.
• 10 years’ experience in Database Development and administration of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Skilled in SSIS package development and SSRS.
• Experience in coding T-SQL, SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
• Skilled in evaluating query plans, performance views, trace files and other SQL Server tools.
• Experience in fine tuning procedures, indexes for performance improvement.
• Knowledge of DB security standards.
• Cloud Data Storage knowledge.
• Knowledge of basic web and ftp protocols and scripting.
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• C, AWK, VB knowledge a plus.
Office (407) 215-0360 ext: 5074
Fax (407) 215-0358